I'm a self-taught generalist with over a decade of experience shipping software for the Web, iOS, and macOS.
My experience has both breadth and depth as I've worked on small websites, large e-commerce platforms, devops, and native apps that are used by millions of people every day.
Being self-taught, I filled my CS knowledge gaps by studying CS50 from Harvard, Introduction to Algorithms from MIT and Cracking the Coding Interview by Gayle Laakmann McDowell.
Senior Engineering Manager, Apple
apple.com, April 2013 to present
Highly visible, cross-functional role leading a couple of software teams focused on first-party applications.
- Notes on iOS, iPadOS, macOS
- Accessibility for iWork, Books, News, Stocks, Reminders, Notes
- 2013: Hired as individual contributer
- 2014: WWDC talk, Accessibility in Complex Web Applications
- 2015: Promoted to manager (Accessibility)
- 2016: Completed Apple University Leadership Master Class, Moments of Truth
- 2018: Became DRI for Notes
Director of Development, Paramore | the Digital Agency
paremoredigital.com, April 2010 to April 2013
- Technical lead in 7 iOS applications and over 30 web applications.
- Designed an automated process for pushing to development and production.
- Designed and maintained hosting and ops infrastructure.
- Significantly increased company profitability through refinements to how we estimate and complete our projects.
- Gathered support for, and then led the transition to, an agile development methodology.
- 2010: Hired as Engineer
- 2010: Promoted to Sr. Engineer
- 2012: Promoted to Director of Engineering
Principal Engineer, Designers.MX
designers.mx, January 2012 to April 2013
Allows designers from all over the world to curate playlists of their favorite music and showcase them with beautifully-designed artwork.
- Backend written in PHP (Laravel) using MySQL
- Frontend was written in AngularJS